Raz Rant

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Keane Concert at the Bowery Ballroom

I'm back from the Keane concert at the Bowery Ballroom (NY) and the show was amazing. Although I waited in line for awhile to get in, I got to see the show from an outstanding vantage point. The Bowery Ballroom is a great place to see a band you like. I was a few rows in at the stage--only about 15 feet away from the band. I had a great view of the keyboards, and the show was fun to watch and listen to. The keyboardist (Tim Rice-Oxley) played some pleasant synthesized sounds, the drums really rocked (Richard Hughes), and the lead singer (Tom Chaplin) had strong, clear vocals. The strobes flashed around me while the band cranked out the tunes. At times, I was bathed in white light. As for the audience, they sang along to some of the songs, and mood at the show was generally upbeat.

Some of the tracks they played at the show were: Atlantic, Is It Any Wonder?, Nothing In My Way, Leaving So Soon? (phenomenal drums), A Bad Dream (This song is about soldiers at war throughout the ages.), Hamburg Song, Put It Behind You, Crystal Ball, Try Again, Somewhere Only We Know, This Is The Last Time, Bend and Break, We Might As Well Be Strangers, Everybody's Changing, Can't Stop Now, and Bedshaped.

Has anybody out there heard Keane play "Sunshine" live? I'd like to hear that song too in concert.

I wouldn't be surprised if these guys play larger venues as headliners. They are really quite good. I wholeheartedly recommend seeing them in concert, or at the very least, give their new album "Under The Iron Sea" a listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home