Raz Rant

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Reading Mao: The Unknown Story

The book Mao: The Unknown Story by Jung Chang and Jon Halliday was released in the United States today and I've started reading it. I really liked Jung Chang's previous work Wild Swans, which I read years ago. Mao: The Unknown Story should be an informative read, and it is sure to be well researched and well written. If you have an interest in 20th century Chinese history or Mao, in particular, then you may want to read this book.

2 Comments:

  • Speaking of Mao, did you read this?

    A little chilling...

    http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/12-05/12-17-05/a09lo650.htm

    By Blogger DaveS, at 3:50 PM  

  • Thanks for the link Dave. I've read the article, and it looks as if the agents overstepped their bounds by investigating that student. I don't believe that simply reading certain literature is cause for an investigation. Well, I hope the student was not upset very much.

    By Blogger Raz, at 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home