Raz Rant

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Franz Ferdinand at Madison Square Garden Theater, October 17, 2005

I saw Franz Ferdinand at the Madison Square Garden Theater last night, and they put on a lively show. They hail from Glasgow, Scotland and they played for about an hour and twenty minutes—songs from their eponymous album and "You Could Have It So Much Better." The show had a lot of energy and, during one song, the crowd cheered "Take me out!" The band has two guitarists/vocalists, a drummer, and a bassist. Occasionally, one of the guitarist plays a bit of the keyboards for some of the songs. Also, I like the sound of the electric guitar parts for most of the performance. Towards the end of the show, there were three guys drumming on the drum set. I haven't seen that before in a concert, and it actually sounded great! They closed the show with their hit "This Fire," which the audience seemed to like a lot. Well, I liked them enough that I'd see them again the next time they are in town. If they are in your area, you might want to check them out.

2 Comments:

  • They are great! You should see them more! I saw them twice and they didn't let me down!

    By Blogger Sally, at 6:53 PM  

  • Yes, it was definitely a great show. Highly recommended. I'll see them some more!

    By Blogger Raz, at 1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home