Raz Rant

Monday, August 15, 2005

Cable Internet Access

I've had cable internet access for about a week now, and I am glad I got it. As you can tell from this site, I've uploaded quite a few photos, and it is much faster to do so with cable internet. When I upload 5 photos to Blogger (about 10 megs), it takes under a minute to do it. With dial-up, the same number of photos could take over an hour. I also like to watch movies on the internet (CNN news, CNET videos, QuickTime movie trailers, and Apple keynote addresses), and this is really only practical with high-speed internet access. In addition, I've tested my connection with CNET's Bandwidth Meter, and I have gotten this result: 2,250 kbps. That is really not bad. Keep in mind, the results from CNET's Bandwidth Meter can vary depending on internet traffic. How is your connection speed? Is there anybody out there who has a T3 line? Well, I'd definitely recommend getting cable internet access if it is available in your area. You can upload photos much faster, watch videos, and webpages, in general, load quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home