Raz Rant

Friday, January 26, 2007

Lemony Snicket Series

I recently finished reading the book series by Lemony Snicket and Brett Helquist (illustrator), which culminated appropriately with the 13th volume The End.

I would recommend the series to teens and adults. I particularly liked the way the author keeps you interested in the story by having exciting things happen to the Baudelaire children. At the finish of each page-turning chapter of The End, I wondered what was going to happen next! Indeed, there was not a boring chapter in the entire series. (The author might jokingly disagree though.) The three Baudelaire children make a great group of characters--primarily good kids with a conscience. The Baudelaire children are: the eldest, Violet (the inventor), Klaus (the studious reader), and Sunny, the youngest, who is interested in fine cuisine. I won't reveal any of the secrets in the books in case you have not read them. I liked the series very much and enjoyed the author's sense of humor.

Regarding the Snicket series, I have a signed copy of The End by Brett Helquist from a bookstore signing in New York City! I've kept that copy in pristine, unread condition. Although I have no intention of selling this book, signed to me personally, I have noticed that it has become quite a collectable on eBay.

The Snicket books are a lot of fun. Although they are promoted for children, adults can enjoy them immensely too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home