Raz Rant

Saturday, September 10, 2005

iSight and iChat AV

I've been trying out Apple iChat AV and an iSight camera with an Apple Mac friend of mine on the West Coast. We video conferenced for about a half hour, and it doesn't cost a dime in toll charges. That's right, it is less expensive than using cell phone minutes, using a land line, or using most internet VoIPs. Plus, you get video. Overall, I liked the performance of the iChat AV and iSight. The video frame rate was usually satisfactory, the picture was clear, and the audio was crisp and clear. I'd recommend the iSight camera to other Mac users out there interested in conversing with others with video. I'll try to get some more friends involved using video conferencing—some of them have PCs. I am not sure how well video conferencing will work with PC users, but I've read Trillian Pro 3.1 ($25) works well on the PC side using an AIM screen name. If you are a PC user interested in video conferencing, you may also want to try AIM 5.9 (free). I'll be doing some more video conferencing, and perhaps, I'll try it with a total of three or more people. If you have any experience video conferencing, you can share your experience with it in the comments section.

1 Comments:

  • Hey there...I enjoyed reading your blog.

    You might consider Audio messages site/blog. It adds fun and personality to your blog. You can test it with fun audio emails too.

    Come and check it out if you get time. Thanks... :o)

    -----------------------------------------------------

    By Blogger ProV1, at 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home